Lighter and faster, this progressive iteration of the Ultra Fastpack III GTX features a performance-driven engineered-woven upper to optimize abrasionresistant zones in the areas where they’re needed most.
• Upper: Engineeredwoven upper optimizes abrasion resistance in high-wear zones
• Waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX membrane
• TPU toe cap protects against stone bruising
• Ultra-suede collar and tongue top
• Gusseted tongue keeps out debris
• Industryleading OrthoLite footbed for long-lasting comfort
• Sole Unit: Proprietary dualdensity FastFoam™ midsole system provides responsiveness, inherent stability and comfort on the trail
• Rim-and-core construction optimizes a soft yet responsive core of energy-returning EVA underfoot with a perimeter rim made of more-resilient EVA that prevents compression set and packing out
• ESS midfoot shank for torsional rigidity and protection from stone bruising
• Vibram Megagrip outsole
• APPROX WEIGHT (½ PAIR): 12.4 oz (353 g)
The North Face partners with GORE-TEX to deliver the industry’s most innovative and highest performance waterproof, windproof and breathable weather protection.
GORE-TEX fabrics lead the industry in providing durable waterproof, breathable protection. The GORE-TEX membrane is completely impervious to rain, sleet and snow, while allowing perspiration to pass through it from within. Tiny pores in the GORE-TEX membrane allow perspiration to escape while preventing water from entering.
• Protection in Rain and Snow
• Ideal for Skiing and Climbing.
GORE-TEX PERFORMANCE SHELL
This fabric is designed to provide superior comfort and durable waterproof protection in a wide range of outdoor activities. The GORE-TEX revolutionary patented membrane technology is specifically engineered to form an impenetrable barrier against wind and water while maintaining breathability. GORE-TEX Performance Shell fabric is used in a two-layer construction for a lighter and softer feel and in three-layer construction for a heavier-duty alternative.
• Waterproof and windproof protection
• Versatile for skiing, cycling, mountaineering and snowboarding.
GORE-TEX PRO SHELL
GORE-TEX Pro Shell is engineered with the most rugged, highly breathable fabrics, making it ideal for extended exposure to extreme conditions. These fabrics are designed to perform at an elite level in order to meet the demands of outdoor professionals and serious enthusiasts alike. The advanced waterproof membrane used by GORE-TEX Pro Shell fabric incorporates increased breathability characteristics, allowing the user to enjoy longer exposure to harsh conditions without losing vital body heat.
• Extended Durability in Extreme Conditions
• Extremely Waterproof and Windproof
• Enhanced Breathability
• Ideal for Outdoor Professionals and Serious Enthusiasts.
GORE-TEX PACLITE SHELL
Introduced in 2009, this exclusive Paclite membrane is laminated to lightweight, strong nylon textiles to produce garments that are extremely breathable, compressible and durably waterproof. This membrane contains a protective black layer that is made of an "oil-hating" (oleophobic) polymer and carbon that allows perspiration vapor to pass through, but prohibits body oils, cosmetics, salt water and insect repellents from altering the waterproof qualities of the membrane. Extremely compressible, this fabric packs extremely small. .
• Durable Wind- and Waterproofness
• Extremely Breathable
• Lightweight, Packable and Versatile
• Lighter and Smaller to Pack Away than other GORE-TEX Products.
• Ideal for Hiking, Cycling, Running, and other sports where weight and space are critical.